** IMPORTANT NOTICE ** No Access across river at Pooley Bridge from 7-12th September - Footbridge closure.
3rd September 2020
Important notice for all visitors.
The foot bridge at Pooley bridge is being temporarily closed (from the 7th to the 12th September) meaning there will be no access to the other side of the lake from Waterside Campsite. Please keep this in mind when planning any activities (walks and the Ullswater steamers). To get to the other side of the lake you will need to follow the diversion via Penrith. We have only just received notice of this and as such are passing it on immediately.
SHUTTLE BUSES AND PARKING FOR ULLSWATER STEAMERS PASSENGERS ONLY
- Please note – during the 7-12th September, the temporary car park at Waterfoot will only be open to Ullswater Steamers’ ticket holders to park
- After the 12 September, one pavement across Pooley New Bridge will open for pedestrian access
- From Mon 7 – Sat 12 September, Ullswater Steamer ticket holders can access shuttle buses connecting the Steamer Pier to Pooley Bridge and vice versa – You can only access the shuttle on the day of your boat cruise.
- PIER HOUSE SIDE: The bus leaves 15 minutes after the boat lands at the pier. Passengers will have to walk ten minutes from the pier house to the temp car park opposite Waterfoot.
- POOLEY BRIDGE VILLAGE SIDE: The bus will depart from the village by the church.