Camping beside Ullswater
Waterside House provides excellent facilities and a peaceful park in which to relax and enjoy your holiday in the midst of the Lakeland Scenery.
Our clients, many of whom return year after year, are mainly families, couples, walkers and a few well-supervised groups who enjoy the natural beauty of the area. (Sorry we are not permitted to take caravans)
- Excellent modern shower & toilet facilities with hot water to all basins
- Electric hook-ups
- Hand & hair dryers
- Seasonal catering van on site
- Chemical disposal point
- Disabled Toilet
- Fully equipped laundry
- Children's adventure area (in the family field)
- A well stocked shop with gas and bottle exchange
- Freezer for ice-pack use
- Public telephone
- Boat launch and car-parking
- Boat storage facility on the lake shore (all year)
- Volley ball and table tennis (free of charge small deposit payable)
- We are also happy to charge your phones and laptops in the shop
- Recycling (paper glass and cans)
Read more about Adopting Greener Methods »
- Canadian canoes hire
- Rowing boats
- Mountain bikes (with helmets)
- Table Tennis, Volley Ball and Football
- Seperate field for families & larger groups including school parties, scouts and D of E
- Dogs allowed on lead
|Activity||Per Hour||Half Day||Full Day|
|Rowing Boats - 2 Adults||£12.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - 3 Adults||£18.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - 4 Adults||£24.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - Children (Aged 4-14yrs)||£2.50|
|Seasonal Boat Storage||£18.00 per foot May - October|
|Life Jackets||**N.B. Life Jackets are compulsory on all Vessels All Free of Charge but require a £10 deposit|
|Table Tennis||Free of Charge (£5 deposit chargeable)|
|Volley Ball||Free of Charge but Deposit of £10 required.|
|Football||Free of Charge but Deposit of £10 required.|
Please read before pitching
Motor Homes: Please use pitch markers to retain pitch (available from reception with deposit)
Tents: When pitching please give consideration to neighbouring campers. Particular care must be taken in wet weather to avoid damage to grass.
Tickets: Please display your ticket prominently.
For extended stay please re-book by returning your ticket to reception before it expires.
Pitch fees are payable in advance at reception. Thank you.
A few Rules
Young persons seeking night life or discos are discouraged and indeed would not find Waterside House suited to their needs.
- In order to maintain our policy of peaceful nights, we do not encourage late returns to the park.
- Entry to the park is restricted to holidaymakers (tradesman, commercial vehicles, caravans etc are not accepted).
- Noise should not exceed a reasonable level at any time and complete quietness is required from 11.00pm to 8.00am. Radio’s, televisions etc. should not be operated between these times.
- Reasonable behaviour is expected at all times and fellow holidaymakers must not be disturbed in anyway.
- Vehicles may be driven between the park entrance and your pitch/stance, but their use for transport on the park should be kept to a minimum. In the interests of safety please observe the speed limits remembering that children may be playing nearby.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept under strict control at all times. Dogs must be kept on a lead.
- We allow barbeques at Waterside but they must be suspended from the ground or site furniture. Guarded and raised fire pits are also permitted providing they are supervised at all times and the waste is disposed of in an appropriate manner. Campfires are not allowed.
We trust you will accept these few rules in the spirit in which they are intended so as to ensure that Waterside House remains a most peaceful and pleasant place in which to spend a holiday.
Layout map of our campsite showing the location of the electric hook-up pitches and glamping units.
- We are sorry we do not accept large or unsupervised groups.
- Noisy parties will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given.
- Supervised groups such as scouts and schools are welcome.
- Non electric bookings are accepted with a £20.00 deposit, or if on an electric hook-up, full payment is required at time of booking.
- Deposits are non refundable unless cancellation is made 14 days prior to arrival when an administration fee of £10.00 will be charged.
- Arrival time from 12 noon and departure by 11am.
- Card payments can be made by telephoning 017684 86332 between 8.30 am and 5.30pm. (In season) There is a minimum booking of three nights at Bank Holidays.
- One night bookings will generally not be accepted at weekends.
Tipi and Pod Booking Conditions
- Arrival time is after 3pm and departure by 11am.
- Payment should be made in full when booking.
- This is non refundable but transfers can be made 14 days prior to arrival.
- We strongly recommend you take out your own cancellation insurance.