Camping beside Ullswater
Waterside House provides excellent facilities and a peaceful park in which to relax and enjoy your holiday in the midst of the Lakeland Scenery.
Our clients, many of whom return year after year, are mainly families, couples, walkers and a few well-supervised groups who enjoy the natural beauty of the area. (Sorry we are not permitted to take caravans).
Groups of adults or families looking for late nights and nightlife are discouraged from visiting Waterside as we have a strict noise curfew of 11pm and a reasonable level of noise is expected at all times. Staff reserve the right to request a noise deposit of £20 per person. PLEASE RESPECT THE RULES AND YOUR FELLOW GUESTS. If you cannot abide by our simple rules then please do not book.
If you select a non electric pitch you can choose your own pitch on arrival. This means your pitch is allocated on a first come first served basis, we cannot reserve lakeside pitches. However, if you would like to know where your spot would be, then electric hook up may be the way forward. Our online booking system allows you to choose your preferred option.
We request that all our visitors book online and this is absolutely necessary during High Season and Bank Holidays. Minimum stays apply.
- Excellent modern shower & toilet facilities with hot water to all basins
- Electric hook-ups
- WiFi (In reception shop area only)
- Hand & hair dryers
- New for 2019 **The Feeding Shed** On site Catering
- Chemical disposal point
- Disabled Toilet
- Fully equipped laundry
- Children's adventure area (in the family field)
- A well stocked shop with gas and bottle exchange
- Freezer for ice-pack use
- Boat launch and car-parking
- Volley ball and table tennis (free of charge small deposit payable)
- We are also happy to charge your phones and laptops in the shop
- Recycling (paper glass and cans)
Read more about Adopting Greener Methods »
- Canadian canoes hire
- Rowing boats
- Mountain bikes (with helmets)
- Seasonal childrens activities and workshops
- Table Tennis, Volley Ball and Football
- Seperate field for families & larger groups including school parties, scouts and D of E
|Activity||Per Hour||Half Day||Full Day|
|Rowing Boats - 2 Adults||£12.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - 3 Adults||£18.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - 4 Adults||£24.00||£30.00||£45.00|
|Rowing Boats - Children (Aged 4-14yrs)||£2.50|
|Life Jackets||**N.B. Life Jackets are compulsory on all Vessels All Free of Charge but require a £10 deposit|
|Table Tennis||Free of Charge (£5 deposit chargeable)|
|Volley Ball||Free of Charge but Deposit of £10 required.|
|Football||Free of Charge but Deposit of £10 required.|
Please read before pitching
Motor Homes: Please use pitch markers to retain pitch (available from reception with deposit)
Tents: When pitching please give consideration to neighbouring campers. We ask that a 3 metre space is left between tents.
Particular care must be taken in wet weather to avoid damage to grass. Vehicle movement must be kept to a minimum if the ground is wet.
Tickets: Please display your ticket prominently. Old or used tickets should be removed from your tent.
For extended stay please re-book by returning your ticket to reception before it expires.
Pitch fees are payable online in advance.. Thank you.
A few Rules
If you would like to visit Waterside, please observe our noise curfew of 11pm. If you cannot do this then please DO NOT BOOK.
- In order to maintain our policy of peaceful nights, we do not encourage late returns to the park.
- Last entry to the park must not be any later than 9pm for the comfort of other guests.
- Entry to the park is restricted to holidaymakers (tradesman, commercial vehicles, caravans etc are not accepted).
- Noise should not exceed a reasonable level at any time and quiet is required from 11.00pm to 8.00am. Radio’s, car engines, televisions etc. should not be operated between these times.
- Reasonable behaviour is expected at all times and fellow holidaymakers must not be disturbed in anyway.
- Vehicles may be driven between the park entrance and your pitch/stance, but their use for transport on the park should be kept to a minimum. In the interests of safety please observe the speed limits of 5mph remembering that children may be playing nearby.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept under strict control at all times. Dogs must be kept on a lead.
- We allow barbeques at Waterside but they must be suspended from the ground or site furniture. Guarded and raised fire pits are also permitted providing they are supervised at all times and the waste is disposed of in an appropriate manner. Campfires are not allowed.
We trust you will accept these few rules in the spirit in which they are intended so as to ensure that Waterside House remains a most peaceful and pleasant place in which to spend a holiday.
Layout map of our campsite showing the location of the electric hook-up pitches and glamping units.
- We are sorry we do not accept large or unsupervised groups. Adults may be asked to pay a noise deposit of £20 each on arrival. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO OUR NOISE POLICY!
- Noisy parties will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given.
- Supervised groups such as scouts and schools are welcome.
- Non electric bookings are accepted with a £20.00 deposit, or if on an electric hook-up, full payment is required at time of booking.
- Deposits are non refundable unless cancellation is made 14 days prior to arrival when an administration fee of £10.00 will be charged.
- Arrival time from 12 noon and departure by 11am.
- Camping fees are non refundable unless 14 days notice is given. Transfers can be made at the managements discretion.
- Online bookings can be made or card payments can be made by telephoning 017684 86332 between 8.30 am and 5.30pm. (In season) There is a minimum booking of three nights at Bank Holidays.
- One night bookings will generally not be accepted at weekends.
Tipi and Pod Booking Conditions
- Arrival time is after 3pm and departure by 11am.
- Payment should be made in full when booking.
- This is non refundable but transfers can be made 14 days prior to arrival.
- A £40.00 security deposit for damages or breakages should be paid at the time of booking. This will be refunded when the tipis have been checked, a member of staff will call to arrange this. If the tipis are not left as found, have breakages or require extra cleaning then the £40 security deposit will not be refunded.
- We strongly recommend you take out your own cancellation insurance.
To view your booking or pay any outstanding balance online, please click the following link https://watersidefarm-campsite.campmanager.com/login.asp.