Waterside House is set right on the shores of Ullswater, providing an excellent base for you to explore all that Ullswater has to offer, from a ride on the steamer, to hiking up a Wainwright or simply just sitting and taking in the scenery.
FAQs and Booking conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read before pitching
Motor Homes: Please use pitch markers to retain pitch (available from reception with deposit)
Tents: When pitching please give consideration to neighbouring campers. We ask that a 4 metre space is left between tents.
Particular care must be taken in wet weather to avoid damage to grass. Vehicle movement must be kept to a minimum if the ground is wet.
Tickets: Please display your ticket prominently. Old or used tickets should be removed from your tent.
For extended stay please re-book by returning your ticket to reception before it expires.
Pitch fees are payable online in advance.. Thank you.
If you would like to visit Waterside, please observe our noise curfew of 11pm. If you cannot do this then please DO NOT BOOK.
- In order to maintain our policy of peaceful nights, we do not encourage late returns to the park.
- Last entry to the park must not be any later than 9pm for the comfort of other guests.
- Entry to the park is restricted to holidaymakers (tradesman, commercial vehicles are not accepted).
- Generators are not permitted on site.
- Fellow holidaymakers must not be disturbed in anyway.
- Music must be played quietly so other guests cannot hear it.
- Noise should not exceed a reasonable level at any time and quiet is required from 11.00pm to 8.00am. Radio’s, car engines, televisions etc. should not be operated between these times. Vehicles may be driven between the park entrance and your pitch/stance, but their use for transport on the park should be kept to a minimum.
- In the interests of safety please observe the speed limits of 5mph remembering that children may be playing nearby.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept under strict control at all times. Dogs must be kept on a lead.
- We allow barbeques at Waterside but they must be suspended from the ground or site furniture. Guarded and raised fire pits are also permitted providing they are supervised at all times and the waste is disposed of in an appropriate manner. Campfires are not allowed.
- Flying drones from the campsite is not allowed.
We trust you will accept these few rules in the spirit in which they are intended so as to ensure that Waterside House remains a most peaceful and pleasant place in which to spend a holiday.
Camping Booking Conditions
- We are sorry but we do not accept large or unsupervised groups. Adults may be asked to pay a refundable behaviour bond of £20 each on arrival. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO OUR NOISE POLICY!
- Noisy parties will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given.
- Supervised groups such as scouts and schools are welcome.
- Non electric bookings are accepted with a £20.00 deposit, with the balance due 14 days before you arrive. If its a glamping unit or an electric hook-up, 30% deposit is required at time of booking, with the balance being due 6 weeks before arrival.
- Deposits are non refundable unless cancellation is made 14 days prior to arrival when an administration fee of £10.00 will be charged.
- Arrival time from 12 noon and departure by 11am on electrics.
- Arrival time from 10am and departure by 12pm on non electric grass pitches.
- Camping fees are non refundable unless 14 days notice is given. Transfers can be made at the managements discretion, though an administration fee of £10.00 may be charged for this.
- Bookings can be made through our website. If you want to pay the balance on your booking you can login here to do so.
- There is a minimum booking of three nights at Bank Holidays and 2 nights at the weekend. During 2024 the late May bank holiday will have a 5 night minimum booking.
- One night bookings will not be accepted at weekends.
Tipi and Pod Booking Conditions.
- There is a 2 night minimum stay in all Glamping accommodation.
- Arrival time is after 3pm and departure by 11am.
- Payment must be made in full 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- Cancellations made with 14+ days notice before your intended arrival date are entitled to a refund less a £10 administration fee or a transfer of dates within the same calendar year.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival will not be eligible for any compensation.
- With the Tipis, a £40.00 security deposit for damages or breakages should be paid at the time of booking. This will be refunded (back into the account you originally paid with) when the tipis have been checked, a member of staff will process this automatically and get in contact if there are any issues. If the tipis are not left as found, have breakages or require extra cleaning then the £40 security deposit will not be refunded.
- We strongly recommend you take out your own cancellation insurance.